Svaroopa® Yoga, is a classical practice for opening your body to find your Self.
This Hatha yoga practice promotes physical healing. The poses are structured to provide safe and reliable core openings by releasing tensions in the deepest layers of your body. We utilize props to support the body in precise alignments to release tension along the spine. The beauty of this practice enables you to move at your own pace, without forcing or straining. The core openings create more internal space, and take pressure off your spine and internal organs so they function more effectively. You also gain flexibility, strength, increased breathing capacity, and so much more.
This is not a hard “exercise practice”. We use the body to work with the classical poses in a transformative way.
This approach supports you in many ways.
- Your body is able to rest and lean into the support of a prop, which assists in releasing core tensions.
- Core openings – a radically different approach in working with the spine – the muscles attached to your spine are lengthened, relieving compression of the spine & spinal tension that creates back and joint pain.
- Your mind becomes less distracted by pain, or discomfort, and you are more at ease in the pose, and with yourself.
- Poses are taught in themes. As you continue with the practice, you develop a deeper appreciation for the poses and how they affect the body.
- Each 90 minute class offers 2 Shavasana guided relaxations, breathing, and pose instruction.
- Home practice is taught and encouraged so you get the most benefit from the practice, and learn how to support yourself between classes.
And there’s more,
The physical healing supports subtle shifts of transformation. Dissolving the inner tensions allows you to live with ease, while discovering the deeper dimensions of your being. Svaroopa® Yoga not only promotes physical health & well being – it also creates an inner shift that is transforming, and illuminating. “Svaroopa” is a sanskrit word that means “the bliss of your own being” or “your own true nature”.The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali 1.3 says:
Tada Drastuh Svarupe Vasthanam – “When the mind has settled, we are established in our essential nature, which is unbounded consciousness.” Translation by Alistair Shearer.
Svaroopa® yoga was created to give you the inner experience of yourself. There is something more to this practice that can’t be described, it can only be experienced.